With an aim to provide unparalleled PC gaming experience and augment the entire ecosystem for professional gamers, HP Inc. has introduced Omen X portfolio — a series of cutting-edge gaming products. Ushering in a new era of gaming technology, the products are meld with intuitive features and performance innovation, demonstrating HP’s integrated craftsmanship and intelligent design.
Re-designed and re-engineered from the ground up, Omen X portfolio gives esports athletes and competitive gamers the edge and confidence needed to perform at the global level. Making gaming more exciting and impeccable is Omen by HP’s accessory ecosystem to offer uniform design and a consistent look to the Omen by HP gaming portfolio. Additionally, HP is also introducing the HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset which seamlessly connects with the VR Backpack, offering the perfect blend of future technologies. Every inch, inside and out of the new Omen PC, notebook, displays and accessories are packed with features designed to target the needs of gamers around the world, instantly changing the game like never before. Also, do check out the best Gaming Chairs 2018.
- The OMEN X Compact Desktop provides a factory-overclocked GPU from NVIDIA® and a versatile form-factor, creating the ability to dock and undock quickly for gaming in any room, or attach the desktop to a backpack accessory for an unparalleled, untethered VR experience.
- The addition of a backpack accessory to the OMEN X Compact Desktop adds a new dimension of flexibility to the platform, and by expanding the OMEN accessory lineup with a new OMEN mechanical keyboard, a mouse with weight customization, a headset1 with cushioned ear cups to reduce background noise and mousepads designed for precision, HP is bringing attention to every aspect of the gaming experience.
- The new OMEN Desktop offers advanced thermal engineering, a modern powerful design and access to industry standard parts for easy upgradability.
“HP has become one of the top gaming brands in the country, having launched OMEN by HP devices an year ago. With the introduction of the OMEN X portfolio for gaming enthusiasts we create a unified gaming portfolio across gamer profiles, and build on the style and performance value proposition OMEN represents”, said Sumeer Chandra, Managing Director, HP Inc. India.
“Gamers and esports athletes want the coolest, most innovative and powerful products with the designs they crave,” said Vickram Bedi, Senior Director, Personal Systems, HP Inc India. “With the blend of Virtual and Mixed Reality, OMEN X devices will be providing gamers with unrivaled immersive gaming experience and will enable professional gamers ‘Dominate the game’, while helping them compete at the highest level.”
New OMEN Gaming Family: Unleash Top-Performance to DOMINATE THE GAME
OMEN X by HP Compact Desktop – Versatility, Flexibility, Mobility and Powerful Performance
The OMEN X by HP Compact Desktop is built with a clear focus on pushing the limits of hardware in a small package. The new product in the OMEN X portfolio, first unveiled last year as a concept, was refined as a result of feedback from game and VR developers. The key insights from the OMEN X VR Backpack PC last May allowed the company to bring an incredibly thoughtful design with accessories to push the limits of how gamers can interact with hardware. HP built the OMEN X Compact Desktop with the highest performing parts available, introducing an easily transportable and adaptable system, perfect for players of esports and VR enthusiasts.
- Factory-overclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 provides the horsepower needed for gaming at 4K resolutions, or a flawless VR experience. The adaptable form factor enables an easy transition from the desk to the living room. The 4K gaming capabilities are critical to keep pace with the transition of televisions to 4K resolutions
- Advanced thermal and electrical engineering provides additional headroom for at-home CPU overclocking, optimized for higher wattage and voltage requirements
- Available with Intel 7th gen Core i5 or unlocked Core i7 CPU options
- OMEN Command Center reduces latency by giving gamers greater control over network traffic, and can support simultaneous data streams, so gaming traffic is routed over the Ethernet connection while background updates or downloads run on the Wi-Fi connection
- DTS Headphone: X support for simulated surround sound when using headphones, enhancing games and adding to a full 360-degree VR experience
The OMEN X Compact Desktop also brings gamers a level of immersion that extends past supporting the latest hardware. The newest desktop to boldly carry the OMEN X moniker is tailored to provide the ultimate gaming and VR experience. The optional VR backpack accessory for the OMEN X Compact Desktop provides free movement and in turn a truly immersive, untethered experience.
- Full docking capabilities allow gamers to simply drop the OMEN X into the included docking station and instantly connect to a range of their favorite gaming accessories without worrying about a mess of multiple cables
- Hot-swappable batteries enable extended VR sessions without shutting down the PC, so gamers don’t have to wait to keep playing. HP includes four batteries and a charging dock with the backpack accessory so users can charge two batteries while using the other two simultaneously. Additionally, the convenient placement of the batteries on the backpack harness means never having to remove the backpack to swap the batteries
- The strategic placement of fan exhaust and an angled mounting plate positions the top of the PC and vents away from users to help reduce heat transfer to the body
- The backpack accessory includes shortened cables to keep gamers immersed and not worrying about tripping over long cables while locking cables and hooks hold the VR headset securely in place.
OMEN X Notebook by HP
- Powerful mechanical keyboard with 2.5mm key travel, N-key rollover & RGB LED per key
- Upto 144hz display for immersive experience
- Best-in-class thermals for heat distribution and extreme cooling
- Out-of-the-box factory overclocked CPU, GPU
- RAID 0 configured SSD storage for faster boot speed & high responsiveness
Engineered for Gaming Performance – The latest AAA titles and esports tournaments require high-performing graphics and raw-computing horsepower, so HP packed the OMEN X Laptop with industry-leading technology and custom-tuning capabilities, including:
- The OMEN Command Center Software to custom tune and push hardware to its limits, with the ability to manage CPU and RAM overclocking1; move gaming network traffic with a network booster to reduce latency in online games2; and, customize system lighting to streamline gaming controls
- Intel® 7th gen unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 CPU options3, XMP memory options for memory overclocking1 and tested profiles up to DDR4-2800, and factory-overclocked graphics cards up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 – ideal for fast-paced or multi-player games running at 4K resolutions4
- RAID0 SSD option for ultra-fast boot and game loading, PCIe SSD+HDD storage options for quick responsiveness and massive storage capacity, or standalone 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD option5
- Thermal management to push high-end hardware beyond factory settings5, including high-performance fans to increase airflow and an integrated vapor chamber with four 3.5 mm heat pipes improve heat transfer from the GPU and CPU to the four-rear corner-mounted radiators6
Designed for Immersion – Gaming is an immersive experience, so HP optimized the OMEN X Laptop to be VR ready on all configurations and includes features that enhance gameplay and limit outside distractions for full immersion:
- Mechanical and RGB LED-per key backlit keyboard, including 2.5 mm travel with tactile feel and mechanical switches to provide instant feedback and clear indication when a key is pressed; RGB LED per key for customizable key maps; independent, programmable macro keys; and, N-Key rollover on every key for anti-ghosting functions
- 17-inch diagonal FHD display4 for high-resolution gaming, or 120Hz & 144 Hz display options for fast refresh rates and smooth visuals; and all configurations are NVIDIA G-Sync™ enabled for reduced image tearing
- DTS Headphone: X® for simulated surround sound with any headset7 and premium sound featuring HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen
- HP Audio Boost to ensure peak performance without overloading the speakers7
- A translucent window to see inside the laptop, along with custom lighting and an aluminum finish for a premium look and feel that can be personalized and customized for the individual gamer
Crafted for Expansion – To give gamers a constant edge on the competition, the OMEN X Laptop is crafted for expansion with easy upgrading of the system capabilities or swapping parts:
- Single access panel to HDD, SSDs, and RAM, so all end-user replaceable components are easily accessible
- Generous port selection with support for up to four external displays
- Connect to a range of different gaming accessories with: three USB 3.0 Type A, two Thunderbolt™ 3-certified USB 3.1 TypeC™, HDMI 2.0a with HDR support, Mini DisplayPort™, RJ45 and a multi-format media card reader
- Dual audio jack with separate microphone input and headset jacks (input/output) to support the latest gaming headsets or external speakers
HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset –
- Twin 1440×1440 resolution displays
- Double-padded headset
- Easy-adjustment knob
OMEN X Desktop – Desktop Performance to Dominate Decisively
The OMEN X desktop features the latest graphics technology up to dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and up to dual AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X to elevate the performance of any game with stunning visuals. The Intel® Core™ i9 processor1 with overclocking capability2 paired with a VR-ready GPU will enable flawless Virtual Reality (VR) and immersive 4K experiences for even the most demanding AAA games.
HP engineered superior thermal management allowing customers to stay cool under pressure and get the highest possible performance and full potential of the hardware. This revolutionary thermal management includes a tri-chamber design to separate components and optimize thermals with dedicated cooling in each chamber. The OMEN X also includes support for up to three 120mm liquid cooling radiators with top mounted exhaust vents and a stand that lifts the case off the ground to help pull cool air in, allowing for maximum ventilation.
The ability to build a PC from the ground up is crucial for true enthusiast gamers and one of the most significant differentiators of the OMEN X. Builders and modders can purchase an empty OMEN X chassis as a standalone option for a completely immersive do-it-yourself (DIY) PC experience. The standalone chassis provides the same thermal benefits of the tri-chamber design and industry standards, making a custom build as seamless as end-users expect.
Other top features include:
- OMEN Control software provides complete design control, allowing for custom LED light modifications and brightness adjustments in real time
- Chassis adheres to industry standards for seamless upgrades and modifications
- Tool-less access to the internals and a hidden toolkit in the chassis accommodates upgrades
OMEN by HP Accessories – Details Matter, Compliment your Senses
As HP redesigned the OMEN portfolio from top-to-bottom, the company focused on OMEN accessories to complement and enhance the user experience with the overall lineup of products. The enhancement of the OMEN accessories brings several feature improvements over previous generation products. The results deliver an entirely new gamer-centric lineup that demonstrates full portfolio commitment to the gaming community. Together, the OMEN keyboard, mouse and headset push the OMEN ecosystem to deliver an unrivaled gaming experience.
- OMEN by HP is delivering greater accuracy with the OMEN Keyboard 1100’s mechanical keyboard switches and N-key Rollover for anti-ghosting
- Optimized control in the OMEN Mouse 600 with customizable weight features and added durability with mechanical switches with up to 50 million clicks.
- Increased comfort and sound clarity with the OMEN Headset 800 with thicker ear cups and boosted the overall acoustic performance for clear high, low, and mid-tones, and a specifically tuned audio profile for clear speech7
OMEN by HP Pricing and Availability8
HP has announced an exciting pre-booking offer on the OMEN X portfolio on select models till March 20, 2018. Under this offer, the OMEN X Compact Desktop will be pre-bundled with HP MR Headset, Omen Headset, Omen Keyboard and Omen Mouse. Omen X notebook will come with pre-bundled Omen Headset, Omen Mouse, Omen Mouse Pad and 1TB HDD under the pre-book offer.
- The OMEN X Compact Desktop with VR Backpack is available now starting at INR 294,988
- The OMEN X desktop will be available from June 2018, starting at INR 449,999
- The OMEN X notebook is available from 20th March 2018, starting at INR 210,990
- The HP Windows MR Headset is available now starting at INR 51,187
- The OMEN Headset 800 is available at INR 6,999
- The OMEN Mouse 600 is available at INR 4,999
- The OMEN Steel Series Gaming Keyboard is available at INR 9,999
- The OMEN Steel Series Mouse pad is available at INR 2,199