Asus had unveiled its another game changer phone in budget segment in May 2018 known as Zenfone Max M2. The phone has been overall had been giving good competition to other devices in the budget segment when it was launched.
We, recently reviewed the ASUS Zenfone Max M2 and were quite impressed with how it performed. The phone packs a powerful Snapdragon 632 under the hood which powers the Device. Do check out our ASUS Zenfone Max M2 review.
ASUS had been delaying the its Android Pie update due to the proper beta testing of the new update that was to be pushed out to a large number of consumers. The Stable update of Android Pie has finally been released by ASUS as promised on 15th April, 2019.
Here are the improvements that have been made from Android 8.1 to Android 9:
- A much minimalist notification bar which now appears to be much cleaner and organised
- The settings menu has been provided with an improved look and the icons beside have a different color scheme rather than the usual Black icons
- The App animation has been changed which makes app opening and closing look a bit better as compared to the Android 8.1
- The Navigation bar buttons earlier used to be just hollow and they now have been changed to solid buttons which are completely White.
- The recent apps Multi-task menu has been given a much cleaner look where you can scroll left or right to view the recently opened apps
- Opening apps in split-screen is much simpler now, You can now tap the icon of the app from the recent drawer and tap the Split-screen option
- The volume slider from the top has been shifted to the right side which makes one handed operation much easier as compared to the previous style
- Another big feature that has been added is the dark mode which most of the users have been demanding from a long time. It can be enabled from Settings -> Display -> Display theme. Then you can select the Dark theme and can enjoy a much better experience through it.
The Dark mode not only helps reduce strain on your eyes but majorly reduces battery drain which helps in making the device survive longer. The Notification panel, App drawer and the settings menu turn dark after the Dark Mode gets enabled.
There are also minor improvements in the Performance and the device had heated very less and performed smoothly throughout the tests of Android 9 Pie. and the photos are now a bit better on the part of clarity as compared to Android 8.1
The Android Pie update provided by ASUS has been upto the expectations so far and we would recommend the users to download it right away. There is no major jump in the performance but the design changes however Minimal make the device look much better and Cleaner as compared to Earlier.