- Best-in-class headphones sets new standards with maximum battery life, custom engineered 40mm speakers and advanced 6-microphone call technology for crystal-clear sound
- SmartSound technology: AI for adaptive sound environments
- Digital Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation for total calls and music immersion
- Massive 36-hour battery life (with ANC)
- Certified rain-resistant durability with a 2-year warranty against water and dust1
Announced at CES 2019, Jabra is now shipping the newest addition to their Elite range of headsets: the Elite 85h headphones. The new headphones are engineered with Jabra SmartSound, based on audEERING context intelligence technology and include Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and Jabra’s HearThrough technology, which enables users to decide how much of the outside world penetrates through to the listener. Whether you are commuting, need to concentrate or are in a crowded place, SmartSound ensures the audio of the Elite 85h automatically adjusts to your surroundings to offer the best calls and music experience.
The Elite 85h headphones set new standards across the board, with 36-hour battery life (with ANC activated), crystal-clear sound with advanced 6-microphone call technology, 40mm custom-engineered speakers for top-quality acoustic experience and industry-leading durability. Together with SmartSound and intuitive Voice Assistant Control – the Elite 85h are the smartest ANC headphones on the market.
Like every Jabra device, the Elite 85h has been engineered to meet the challenges that users face in the real world. In today’s digitally-connected society, noise overload is considered one of the key factors affecting personal wellbeing2. Jabra’s SmartSound technology tackles noise pollution in a way like never before. Jabra has an exclusive part ownership of intelligent audio analysis company audEERING, the world leader in audio AI technology. The relationship allows Jabra to include environmental adaptation into the new Elite 85h headphones, creating a personalized audio experience that goes beyond current Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) solutions available in the market.
SmartSound, driven by AI technology
Jabra SmartSound is based on audEERING’s context intelligence technology, which uses real-time acoustic scene analysis of environmental sounds. The technology can detect more than 6,000 unique sound characteristics and uses this to adapt audio output to each specific context. This means that when moving from a noisy train station into a quiet train carriage, the context intelligence technology will take notice and will automatically adjust the audio to the changed surroundings. It will select one of the three moments: ‘Commute’, ‘In Public’ or ‘In Private’ to guarantee a consistent quality for your audio experience. Users can personalize their calls and music settings even further through Jabra’s Sound+ app, which will remember your preferred settings within the mode for future similar situations.
Dagmar Schuller, CEO at audEERING said: “audEERING’s AI based audio context intelligence technology empowers the new Elite 85h headphones by Jabra to deliver the best call and music experience on the market. Users can be sure to get the most sophisticated product there is with reliable and innovative AI technology made in Germany.”
The microphone solution combined with the Jabra Sound+ app creates a quick Voice Assistant access experience. Users only need to touch a button on the headphones to interact with Alexa, Siri® or Google Assistant™.
Dr. Amitesh Punhani, Country Marketing Manager, India & SAARC “At Jabra, we always strive towards delivering products inspired by the future. We have always been fascinated by sound and wanted to make life sound better by discovering new technologies. We developed SmartSound – audio that automatically adapts to the surroundings, to ensure our consumers get a consistent and superior experience of voice, audio and music in every environment. Our Elite range of products are built to deliver best in class sound technology for calls and music. Aligned with that, the Elite 85h is a revolutionary headset that will change the way we experience sound and cope with noise in the future.
Key features of the Jabra Elite 85h:
- SmartSound: Audio that automatically adapts to your surroundings
- One-click access: Voice Assistant access at the push of a button
- Four colour variations: Black, Titanium Black, Gold Beige and Navy
- Battery: Up to 36-hour battery with ANC activated and 41 hours without ANC
- Microphones: 8 microphones in total. 6 dedicated for calls, 4 for ANC and 2 hybrid mics for both calls and ANC.
- Speakers: 40 mm custom-engineered speakers
- Durability: Unique IP52 dust and rain resistance, backed by a 2-year warranty against water and dust
- Personalize: Jabra Sound+ app for SmartSound features, including customized settings
Availability & pricing
The headset will be available in four colors (Black, Titanium Black, Gold Beige and Navy). Available at the MRP of INR 28,999 from 25th May, 2019 at Amazon, Croma and Jabra authorized resellers. Find out more about the Jabra Elite 85h and SmartSound at: https://www.jabra.in/elite85h