GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) announced that its newly launched camera, the HERO9 Black, is available in India from today, 6th November. The HERO9 Black featuring “more everything”, includes a new 23.6-megapixel sensor that delivers 5K video and 20-megapixel photos, next-generation HyperSmooth 3.0 video stabilization with in-camera horizon leveling, a new front-facing display, a larger rear display, and 30% more battery life.
HERO9 Black will be available in India with an MSRP of INR 49,500 at retail partners – Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm, Reliance, Croma and select imaging stores. GoPro also shared that it has eliminated plastic from HERO9 Black’s packaging and added value by packaging the camera in a high-quality travel case that fits additional mounts and accessories.
HERO9 Black joins GoPro MAX, HERO8 Black and HERO7 Black to round out the full 2020 GoPro Lineup.
HERO9 Black Features
- New Image Sensor
- Video: 5K30, 4K60, 2.7K120, 1440p120, 1080p240 and more
- Photo: 20MP
- New 1.4” front color display with live preview and status modes
- Larger 2.27” rear touch display with touch zoom
- 30% more battery life than HERO8 Black with improved cold weather performance
- Removable, rechargeable battery
- HyperSmooth 3.0 with in-camera horizon leveling
- TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Live Streaming
- 1080p Webcam mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR Night lapse video
- RAW photos
- Digital lenses
- Voice control with 14 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 microphones with advanced wind-noise reduction
- Stereo + RAW audio
- Larger speaker for improved audio playback
- Removable lens cover
- Built-in folding mounting fingers
- Rugged + waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Compatible with Max Lens Mod, Light Mod, Display Mod and Media Mod for HERO9 Black
HERO9 Black Million Dollar Challenge
For the third year in a row, GoPro is challenging its users to create the launch highlight reel for its new flagship camera. Open exclusively to owners of HERO9 Black, the Million Dollar Challenge will award an equal share of USD$1,000,000 to entrants whose video clips are chosen for the HERO9 Black Million Dollar Challenge video that will be released in December 2020.
HERO9 Black users are invited to capture and submit their video clips for consideration to the HERO9 Black Million Dollar Challenge on GoPro.com/Awards. Submissions close on Friday, December 4.
Learn more about HERO9 Black GoPro’s blog The Inside Line.