The smartphones are dire need of today’s world. It has become a necessity to remain connected to the world. Smartphones allow users to perform day-to-day work either by facilitating in shopping, access to information, and connecting with the loved ones. However, it may lead to chaos if the smartphone does not work even for a day. Such conditions only arise if you may have forgotten your device, lost it, or you may have bricked your smartphone.
Does your OnePlus 7T Pro have stuck in the boot loop while rooting or installing any custom ROM or MOD? Then you need not worry as we have compiled a complete unbricking guide for OnePlus 7T Pro. Many times, the users’ carelessness or wrong guidance leads to the bricking of the Android device. There are several other reasons which can brick your working device.
What does bricking a device mean?
It is a state of the device when the device does not boot due to some severe misconfiguration, corrupted firmware, or due to any hardware problem. The device is termed bricked when it becomes unbootable due to the reasons above. The bricking is basically of two types – Soft Brick and Hard Brick.
Soft brick – The SoftBrick is a state of the device when the device gets stuck in a boot loop or has some other freezing problems. It mostly occurs due to some firmware glitch or while flashing custom ROM. It is even denoted as a half-dead phone. The smartphone is not working as desired and is also recognized by a computer.
Android phones with Soft Bricking can be quickly revived by following proper instructions.
Hard brick – The hard bricked device is a fully-dead state of the phone. It does not show any sign of life and becomes unbootable. There’s hardly any chance to revive your smartphone. Hard Brick happens only due to some hardware fault or forcefully executing firmware code not meant for the device. It is always recommended to exchange or repair the device form the service center if it is under warranty. Otherwise, you have to try to unbrick it yourself by following a specific guide or unbricking method.
However, unbricking is a process to stabilize the device after flashing the stock recovery and ROM or by any other means. In this guide, we will help unbrick OnePlus 7T Pro by restoring it to the stock OS using the Unbrick tool. We will boot into the Qualcomm’s Emergency Download mode (EDL) to get back the device to senses.
OnePlus 7T Pro specifications:
OenPlus 7T Pro is the flagship device of OnePlus packed with a massive 6.67-inch display featuring 1440 x 3120 pixels resolution. The Fluid AMOLED capacitive display offers 516ppi pixel density, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, and 88.1% screen-to-body ratio. It houses a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to protect the display from frequent falls.
The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset that is built on the 7nm process and coupled an octa-core processor along with Adreno 640 GPU. It is available in different storage variants of 8GB RAM + 256GB, 12GB RAM + 256GB and another 12GB RAM special MacLaren Edition.
In the camera department, OnePlus 7T Pro comes with a triple camera module featuring a 48-megapixel primary sensor, a 16-megapixel ultrawide sensor, and an 8-megapixel telephoto lens. There’s a 16-megapixel pop-up selfie camera with Auto-HDR and gyro-EIS. In Connectivity, there’s an under-display fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. A 4085mAH Li-Po non-removable battery is available with 30W fast Warp charge technology.
- Make sure to charge your battery at least above 50%.
- Download and Install Qualcomm Driver on PC. (Follow a proper guide to install the drivers from manage utility of your Windows PC.)
- Download the respective Firmware – HD01AA or HD01BA
Note: The tool will work will only these variants of the OnePlus 7 Pro.
- HD1910(China Variant)
- HD1911(Indian variant)
- HD1913 (EU Variant)
- HD1917(North America)
Note: Install Qualcomm Drivers by following the steps below:
- Connect your smartphone with the PC.
- Open Computer Management from the Windows Explorer.
- Now, Select Device Manager from the Computer management popup.
- Locate your device connected with the PC. It will be either available in Other Devices with an exclamation icon or in Ports with Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3).
(Note: If the device is available as Qualcomm HS_USB QDloader, then the drivers are already installed, otherwise follow the further steps.)
- Right-click the device and select Update Driver option.
- A hardware Update Wizard will open, then select Browse my computer for driver software and click Next.
- Select the CAB file and click Next to install the driver.
Note: Don’t try to unlock SMT Download Mode as it will wipe Widevine certification and IMEI number of the smartphone.
Note: GizmoChina.com is not responsible if the device gets damaged while following this guide. You are proceeding at your own risk to unbrick the device.
Steps to Unbrick OnePlus 7T Pro using MSM Download Tool
- Power off the OnePlus 7T Pro.
- Hold down Volume Up + Volume Down buttons for few seconds and plug in the USB cable, which is already attached to the computer from another side. Keep pressing until you see EDL mode.
(Note: Make sure you have USB connected in PC before connecting it to the smartphone while pressing both the buttons.)
- Extract the firmware file in a folder after downloading it from the links above.
- Open Msm Download Tool V4.0.exe.
- Press the Enum button to make sure the system correctly detects your device.
- Now, hit the start button.
- It will take some time to make your device rise again from the ashes.
- OnePlus 7T Pro will boot like a brand new piece.
We hope you have successfully executed the OnePlus 7T Pro unbricking process, and it is back again with the OxygenOS. Make sure to let us know if any problem arises via the comments below.