With the rapid spread of COVID-19, all the industries have come to a halt. Although to ensure a hassle-free work environment at your home, several methods have been undertaken. One of them is the use of RDP software.
RDP is not new to the people belonging to the IT industries. It has been in use for years now for various purposes. If you want to have a software that allows you to connect several devices, be it from the neighboring building or halfway through the world, RDP is the answer.
What is RDP?
RDP or remote desktop protocol is a protocol designed to enable data transfer from one device to another. It allows a user to add a graphical interface of the desktop of another user. You can use RDP using a local network or via the internet. In simpler words, a remote desktop protocol allows you to have access to other remote devices.
RDP is used by IT and network administrators to have a look at the customers’ desktop and diagnose and solve the technical issues. It can also be used for teaching using screen sharing at school or college level. You can also use RDP for general web conferencing.
Features of RDP
- You can capture and view the screen of the other devices
- You have access to most of the content, and you can manage files from other devices too
- You also have access to the computers that are sleeping or powered off.
- You can initiate the access using your mobile
- You can monitor and send alerts
- You have cross-platform access
RDP is quite a useful software which turns out to be the need of the hour. Therefore, we have curated 5 best RDP software that helps you create an office-like environment at home and access essential files on the go.
5 Best RDP Software in 2020
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support Software is one of the best RDP software available. It is a package of system management tools. You can gain access to multiple devices using this software. It provides you with powerful utilities that give you a seamless experience and simplifies several tasks making it a software that is difficult to beat.
- The Dameware Mini Remote control allows you access to multiple screens of Windows and Mac operating systems.
- The TCP utilities allow you to troubleshoot without launching a full remote control session.
- With this software, you can manage multiple AD domains, users, and groups.
- You can unlock a device, change its password remotely. You can also edit group policy.
You get a free trial for 14 days. After the end of the trail, you can make a one time purchase of $388 that gives you enough tools for one technician and unlimited end-users. This software works on windows, ios, and android.
Visit the official site for more details: https://www.solarwinds.com/remote-support-software.
TeamViewer Remote Desktop
TeamViewer Remote Desktop comes under one of the best RDP software and is most commonly used. TeamViewer Remote Desktop has adopted cloud-based technology. This software provides you with remote access and is suitable for sharing meeting applications that are suitable for all systems and mobile devices.
- The remote device control provides you with powerful cross-platform access.
- It provides you with tools that allow you to print, share screens, or files remotely.
- It has a VPN alternative.
- It can automatically wake up, restart, and install applications. Thus, saving many of your efforts.
You can get a free version of this software. Although, if you want additional tools, you can make a purchase that ranges from $49 to $199. This software works on Windows, Linus, iOS, and Android.
Visit the official site for more details: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/.
With AnyDesk remote desktop software, you can print remotely, have mobile to pc remote control, and transfer files. This software has tools that manage to compress and transfer files remotely. It also offers you a customized solution that fulfills security requirements.
- AnyDesk has a built-in feature that allows you to store your contacts.
- You don’t have to worry about your internet speed while using AnyDesk. This software works on a bandwidth as low as 100kbps.
- With the use of TLS 1.2 technology AnyDesk provides you with bank-level security.
- You can use the command-line interface for scripting your interface.
- This software can work with any number of endpoints.
AnyDesk offers you a free trial version. It also has paid premium versions ranging from $10.99 to $52.99, depending on the users’ requirements. This software works on Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Raspberry Pi, free BSD, and Chrome OS.
Visit the official site for more details: https://anydesk.com/en.
Used by numerous multinational companies, VNC Connect is quite famous. VNC Connect is one of the best RDP software that eases your efforts of remotely connecting devices. With VNC, you get a safe and reliable screen sharing experience. This software can run on multiple platforms.
- VNC Connect provides you with intuitive cross-platform support.
- It is designed to support multiple languages.
- It has password protection features that blocks unauthorized access.
- You can print and transfer files remotely. It also has a chat feature that allows us to stay in contact with the other users.
A free version of this software is available. However, for better access to its tools and features, you can buy one of the paid versions. The pricing is not more than $400. This software is available on Windows, Linux, Mac, Raspberry Pi, and ios.
Visit the official site for more details: https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/.
LogMeIn is one of the most used RDP software. With LogMeIn, you can work remotely and transfer files more efficiently. It has tools that help you store, share, and collaborate. LogMeIn has features that provide you a premium remote assistance experience.
- You can transfer large files without worrying about compressing it. Remote printing is also possible.
- It has eased your screen-sharing experience by providing a multi-monitor display.
- It provides you with strong security and has an excellent remote control.
- It has a storage of 1TB
LogMeIn comes with a free version. However, the premium version is not more than $30. It works on windows and mac.
Visit the official site for more details: https://www.logmein.com/.
So, these were the 5 best RDP software that makes your remote working experience more comfortable and better. VNC Connect and LogMeIn are more preferred due to its affordable pricing and useful features. However, for large businesses, SolarWinds Dameware remote support, TeamViewer, and AnyDesk are more suitable.